January 27, 2013

Deee-lish Chicken Dish

Good evening readers! Did you have a nice weekend so far? I really did! I got to spend some time hanging out, cooking and watching movies at my boyfriends house which was super nice. I got back home around 6 pm this evening and what happened was that my dad picked me up from the station and we went straight to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for the dinner. Apparently it was my duty to cook tonight, so I decided to improvise a little bit using the products that we got from the groceries earlier. So as you can tell from that I didn't really have a clear idea about what the final product would look like (except the fact that I was convinced to use chicken and lots of veggies) but it all ended up pretty amazing actually. Take a look:


Here's the result of my improvised dinner! I can tell you it was deee-lish and ultra healthy. And it really wasn't that complicated to cook. Here's the recipe for you:

Ingredients: [ Due to a lot of improvisation, I didn't measure the chicken nor veggies as well as the amount of the different spices. ]
(4 servings) Chicken fillets enough for 4 ppl, 1dl coconut milk, 1dl low fat cookable sour cream, approxmately 500 g fresh vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, orange and yellow bell pepper, carrot or whatever you please.  2 teaspoons chicken bouillon, seasonings (meat marinade, onion, bell pepper, pepper, salt), handful of pumpkin seeds.

Instructions: 
1. Start by frying the chicken in extra virgin olive oil. Add some meat marinade seasoning.
2. In another pan, add up with oil and fry the vegetables at low heat.
3. In the pan with chicken, add coconut milk and low fat cookable sour cream, let cook while adding chicken bouillon.
4. When vegetables are finished (that's really up to you and how you want them) throw into the pan with chicken, add spices and continue the cooking until you consider it done.
4. Serve alone or along with your choice of side (whole wheat rice, couscous, millet, quinoa etc.) and top with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy! :-)

Please let me know if you try the recipe or got inspired to make something similar! Tag me in a pic of your creation on instagram (I'm "healthyfoodgram") or let me know by commenting here on my blog. Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment