January 19, 2013

Smoothie obsession alert!

My mom recently bought us a new food processor which I have used basically every day since it entered the kitchen. The great thing about it is that it can be used for so many different things, yet my favorite so far is the smoothie blender function. I don't even know if moothie obsession is a expression enough to use in this case. I have found myseld becoming slightly addicted to plugging it in, throwing all kind of different ingridients into it and blend it all together into a lovely smooth drinkable vitamine bomb. It's perfect for any hour of the day, and it always seem to turn out perfectly no matter what ingridiets I decide to use. 

Since I never really measure how much of each ingredient I use I'm not able to write out the measurements for you but it's really not that hard. Use your capability of estimation and you'll be fine. Matter of fact it's pretty hard to make a not-good-tasting smoothie, as long as you aren't aiming to. ;-)



Here's my favorite combination for smoothies so far. Left to right: Flax seed, low fat quark, low fat plain yogurt, vanilla protein powder, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, banana. Use those ingredients and I can promise you'll get a delicious, protein rich and filling smoothie. Perfect for breakfast, quick snack or pre/post workout meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment